WHAT IS PHYSIOTHERAPY
Physiotherapists are primary health care professionals with an in-depth knowledge of how the body works. They possess specialized hands-on clinical skills to assess, diagnose and treat symptoms of illness, injury or disability. The benefits of these treatments are to decrease pain, improve joint mobility, and improve cardiorespiratory function. It restores, maintains, and maximizes your strength, function, movement, and overall well-being to allow you to do your everyday activities. Physiotherapists provide manual therapy, personalized therapeutic exercises, acupuncture, and modalities and essential education about the body, what keeps it from moving well, how to restore mobility and independence, and how to avoid or prevent bodily harm. In addition, our physiotherapists provide evidence-based treatments at home, in long-term care homes, and clinics for acute and chronic pain and self-management, as well as promoting health and wellness.
Initial Appointment $135
15 minutes Follow-Up Treatment $75
30 minutes n Follow-Up Treatment $100
45 minutesFollow-Up Treatment $115
60 minutes Follow-Up Treatment $150
What to Expect From Your Cornerstone Physiotherapy Experience
A Detailed Assessment and an Accurate Diagnosis
At your first visit you will spend an hour with your physiotherapist in a private setting. During this hour you can expect:
A detailed history of your current problem as well as your overall health.
- A physical examination of the problem area.
- Some physical testing to help determine other factors that are contributing to your problem.
- Measurement of current function and symptoms to enable tracking of progress.
- Consultation on your goals and commitment to the rehab process.
- The development of a focused treatment plan considering all of your needs and abilities.
- A detailed review of what you need to do between appointments to get the best results.
- Audiovisual resources to help guide you through the process.
- To begin in-person treatment on day one.
This is a critical visit.It is important to note that your condition will be continuously evaluated throughout the rehabilitation process. This ensures you are making the expected progress, and helps us fine tune your treatment plan to get the best results possible.
Each Appointment Moves You Forward
Follow-up appointments are 30 minutes long and are also spent one-on-one with your physiotherapist. The majority of your “hands-on” treatment is provided in follow-up appointments. Our Physiotherapists are trained to constantly evaluate your condition to provide the right treatment at the right time. This ensures each appointment moves you closer to your goals.